Wednesday 26 November 2008

Nisse = Santa’s little all year helper

J came in to the bedroom this morning and announced that not only did our amazing new TV give us hours of enjoyment in the evenings, it also turned itself off from the Standby mode to the Power saving mode! That sounded too good to be true, even more so when the electricity prices has gone up with 40% or something stupid like that. Unfortunately I had to demolish his illusion, there is no hokus pokus fanciness, even tho our TV can do no wrong.. It’s me, I’m like a little Nisse making sure that all electrical equipment are turned off for the night as I have seen all those “big brother” ads from the government about electricity savings, and being from a country where we do as we are told!! I take this very serious. Sometimes I even go up and double check – although that is probably more OCD! Did you know that the Swedes recycle everything possible and have THREE small bins instead of this black binbag malaki, there, you learn something new every day!



A slightly bored Axel beside me in the sofa
J told me yesterday that he had read some of the posts that I have written and asked me if I had lost my writing brain somewhere on the way? (well maybe not exactly like that, but that was what he wanted to ask!) I had to go in (of course) and re-read some of my posts.. and yes he is right, some of the posts are quite messy, but to my defence – I write this blog while I entertain Axel, while I watch TV, while I’m on the phone, while I’m hanging the washing and while on the loo.. no actually, that’s not true, our laptop do not have the moving around function that is pretty much key for a laptop – the whole none stationary option. The battery is dead so must always sit close to a power socket, so no bathroom blogging for me, so now you know and we can put the laptop bitterness behind us : )

Yesterday when I was putting Axel to sleep I noticed that J had wrapped up Axmax’s bed clothes and pillow around a hot water bottle to make it warm and nice for the little one, I almost started crying of happiness, I feel so lucky that I met J and that he is the father of my child, that’s love…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha sjukt roligt blogginlägg! Jag måste också blir bättre med elen :D