Wednesday 19 November 2008

Chilled out arvo


Axmax have been sleeping for most of today, not sure if I should try and keep him awake a bit, I think he needs it, and I don't mind if he wants to be up a bit later tonight I think he will sleep like a log tonight anyway. I guess he needs sleep to shake his flu off properly, but he is so much better today, just one of his eyes that's a bit irritated. It's so lovely that he is smiling now and "talking", the time goes so quickly it's surreal but lovely, one way I'm thinking that I don't want him to be older (just want to keep him little and cuddly) but then he does something new like reach for his toys in the baby gym and I get so happy and can't wait for the next development, each day something new and exciting happens!

Oh, something fun happened last night. I think other mothers will recognise this, well at least the first bit of the story - I think I wake up in the night listening to Axel's breathing in a slight unconsciousness, I notice this as sometimes I wake up fully cos he is so quite and I have to check that he is ok. Last night I did just that, even more now when he sounds so poorly coughing in the night, anyway, without thinking I looked at J and thought "shit he is not breathing cos I can't hear him". I shook him a bit and he wakes up of course worried asking what's wrong.. that's when I realise that people ARE usually quiet when they sleep.. THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL ha ha ha. I'm going crazy : ) I apologised and laugh a bit by myself, and then I had to check if Axel was ok.... again!!!

My two favourite boys on a sunny Sunday in October -

No comments: