Thursday 13 November 2008

Axel being born part 1..


5 days overdue I went to have a sweep in the morning, by lunchtime I started to feel pains like period pains which went on and by 9 in the evening they started to feel a bit more and came every 5 -7 min. I started to feel really sick and called the hospital who told me to come in. We had decided to give birth in Worthing 40 min drive from our house in Brighton as the hospital there is a bit smaller and not so frightening as the big one in Brighton. When we arrived the midwife examined me, I was only 3 cm but was allowed to stay. Had contractions during the night, but not super strong.. or at least I found out later on when the real contractions set in that the ones in the night was just a build-up. By 6am in the morning, the contractions were still not so strong and I was still only 3 cm so the midwife (who was really crap by the way) told us to go home and gave me some painkiller drugs, which of course I manage to puke up in the hospital car park straight afterwards! When we got home, super tired and a bit deflated we managed to sleep for 3 hours, then the sleeping pill that I've been given at the hospital started to wear off and the contractions became more strong. I took a bath and J poured water over my tummy for about 3 hours bless him! By 3pm we were ready to go back in to the hospital... oh the little one is calling.. to be continued...

No comments: