Friday 17 April 2009

rain rain rain...

What a rainy day... I went out in the rain to look at two houses just to see what we can get for our money, the first house was not so nice, no personality at all, big but no thanks.. BUT, the second house was just lovely, not big or fancy, just nice.. It's on the top of biggest hill in Brighton, the second room is a single (good for Axel but that's about it), it's a bit too expensive, the parking is awful in that area, but it was something with it that I really liked... On the plus side - it has a nice cosy living area come dining area with room for a big table and at least 6 chairs, nice wood flooring in the living room, good kitchen, nice little secluded Patio, good big bathroom with double glazing, and the main bedroom was a good size too, there is a attic space for storage and I happen to meed the owner and she was lovely, they have a baby as well which made it easier for me as the second room was already a nursery, not that I can't see through things like that, once an estate agent always an estate agent!! It's a real shame that we can't buy as you need a good deposit (rightly so) which we don't have. We could have bought a similar place for the same monthly outgoings in the same area, please shout if anyone would like to invest in us with a prospect of a nice turnout in 5 years when we sell it : )
I might get J to have a look at it next week and if it's still on the market maybe we could put in a silly rental offer and see what they say, there are soooo many flats available at the mo so I think they would be open for a deal.. Either way, it felt really good to have a look at what's out there.

Another exciting thing is that I applied for my first job last weekend wooooo, I hope I get an interview, might find out next week, but it's ok if not, just good to start applying for jobs in general!

1 comment:

Emmama said...

Spännande med eventuellt nytt boende och nytt jobb! :) Ska hålla alla tummar jag har! Och nu ska jag lägga till dig bland mina favvisbloggar för jag gillar att läsa det du skriver. Kram!