Tuesday 28 April 2009

Lunch and song, all day long...

It's Tuesday today, we have decided to stay in the flat for at least over the summer to really enjoy our little patio and not to feel too poor as we have a wedding (small but still) to fund, most things are bought already but there will always be things we need right before, flowers, hair, makeup etc. And my maternity pay will end in May and then I will try and get job seekers allowance over the summer while I apply for jobs in the sunshine. Believe it or not, as you only get about £118 a week (which you have to pay tax for) while being on maternity leave it's not much of a difference from being on job seekers (like A kassa in Sweden). I'm in a way lucky that I don't have a contract with a workplace, cos you only get maternity pay for 39 weeks here so the rest of the weeks you will have to fund yourself if you want to stay at home for a year which in my Swedish eyes is pretty reasonable that you want to. But if you don't have a job to get back to you (I really hope I got this right) can start with A kassa straight away after your mat leave runs out.
We found a nursery for Axel but he can't start until he is one in September so I can't really start anything before then, but I can always apply. I haven't heard anything from the job I applied to earlier, they said to leave it 3 weeks, but I have a feeling there must have been hundreds who applied for it and probably many more who got years of years of experiences. It's ok tho, don't really want to work full time when Axel is so little, maybe next spring but not before. The recession is really bad here, I heard on the news that there was over 200 applicants when the council advertised for rubbish bin collectors... the council was shocked as they normally only get a hand full of applicants for jobs like these (before the recession). Oh well, I guess I just have to be a house wife for the time being until something turns up, not too bad really ; )

We are going for lunch at my old work today and then to playgroup singing, nice!

No comments: