Monday 6 April 2009

The end of the tunnel and more cup cakes!

After a tough weekend with tooth ache like someone just hit you in the face, to the point when you almost feel a bit nauseous cause you are off balance as your ear is hurting of the pain(actually, I have never been hit in the face IRL, but I imagine that's how it feels like). I took full strength ibuprofen, paracetamol and codeine and still pain.. arrrggg!! For you guys who follows my blog will know that I have been on weekly visits to my dentist trying to fix a flipping hole (that I didn't even knew existed until he told me), but it's never been good and I have started to forget how it feels like to eat on both sides like a normal person, I've had enough and it's coming out next week!! I got some penicillin and some better anti-inflammatory tablets and I'm feeling a little bit better, well, it's bearable. Hope it's better tomorrow.

I made a new batch of cup cake icing with some frozen sponges from last week. I think I've nailed it!! - I'll make the actual cup cakes the day before (as they were a bit dry today after being in the freezer for a week) and then ice them on the day. And I've found the most amazing "icing" receipt, I can't take any credit for it, I found it at the my friend R's house last Friday while having lunch, she got loads of nice cook books including Nigella Lawson's Love Buns. No butter, more like soft meringue topping that melts in you mouth. We had one each today to test and now I'm just craving the other 4 in the fridge ha ha... Evil business this cake making malaky, must go for a fast walk tomorrow ; )


Nigella says that you should just take a dollop and swirl it over... must practice on the swirling bit!

No comments: