Monday 19 January 2009

Theory testing

What a Monday, we have just chilled out the whole day, Axel has done a bit of catching up on his beauty sleep and I have done some form-filling and some putting into folder sorting. Not the best weather to go out it - yes Duncan- I said crap weather.. did you see the hail?? : ) so we have stayed in, out flat is really nice today, warm and cosy. I have also been able to do the dishes, a load of washing and catch up on my book and this is where I got thinking.

I got a theory I would like to test on you my friends - before I was pregnant and had Axel I read quite a bit, the majority of books where of the more serious - none trashy - kind with a few criminal books thrown in and an odd Harry Potter once a year. When I got pregnant with Axel my dad and his wife gave me a couple of books when they where here visiting, I started reading the first book - called "Skam" (I think) in Swedish (translated to Shame in English). It was all good in the beginning, but then it just went bonkers and all psychological and freaky and scary. I felt so bad about this book, had nightmares and was almost in a bit of shock. I happened to mention this AWFUL book to my sister A and asked her if she thought that dad + wife was out to hurt me in any way ha ha. My sister was of course concerned and asked a bit quietly what awful book I had been reading, when I told her what book it was she laugh and said that it was one of her favourite books and told me that the whole serie are really popular in Sweden. She also - of course- declared ME bonkers : ) BUT I was preggy and never before have I cried sooo much over the orphan adverts that are on the telly sometimes. Now to the real theory - after the "I'm so sensitive" blow for 9 months, I think my brain has gone back to the teenage years again! Never before have a real good shallow book been so good, I can not stand any stories that are more difficult than a chick flick book, and criminal books do not interest me at all.. There are only two books on my birthday list for J - two awfully shallow books about romance and fancy flats "for one" in London (like anyone that work in a crappy bookshop can afford a flat in west London my arse!!!). My friend B got a Heat mag subscription from us last week, I know she is ashamed - but I say - don't be, blame it on the baby...

Mrs Shallowness obviously have a dear friend - Miss Tiredness! Gonna go to bed before 9 tonight ; )

1 comment:

Meatbreak said...

I'm not contesting your weather review for today - That was an ace hailstorm, where the hell did that come from?!?! KSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Dx