Saturday 21 March 2009

Lovely Sunshine and Swedish school


What a lovely week, I'm starting to enjoy motherhood more and more for each day that goes by, maybe it's the sun but I'm feeling really balanced and happy. Looking forward to a nice spring and summer, sun, ice cream, our wedding and then all new things in the autumn, got a strong believe that everything will be just fine and work out (lets hope so at least!!). I met up with Ruth on Friday, went to Wagamama where we had lunch with our two for one voucher, had a good chat and then we went into town to buy some sun blinds for the car and bought some new sunglasses (sun, sun, sun ha ha). Had some tea in Mark and Spencer's (never been there before I had Axel, but they got a great cafe and good changing facilities : ) And then we walked home, I met Ruth at Worthing hospital pre-labour course day, we live really close to each other and our boys are born only a month apart, lovely!

Axel has started with Swedish Välling in the evenings at 7 before he goes to bed, and it's doing wonders, he has now slept from 7 in the evening to 6ish in the morning two night in a row (knock on wood). He did however wake up at 5.30 today when it was my morning, so weird being up that early, nothing on telly, not even the early news!! only a little smiley baba : ) But at least it's a bit lighter in the mornings so it doesn't feel like you wake up in the middle of the night ("you know that going to the airport in the middle of the night feeling"). But I must admit, J does almost all morning shifts bless him, soooo sweet, before he goes to work around 8 he gives me a tired Axel to snuggle up with (on Friday we managed to sleep to 9.30.. not bad!!) And I love smelling his lovely hair and skin in the morning, all warm and cosy.

After a nice morning me and Ax went to the Swedish school in Portslade, was really nice meeting other Swedish mums and dads, have a look around, sitting in the sun with a cup of tea. Definitely gonna go next Saturday, was so nice speaking Swedish to other adults and not just Axel. And there is a Swedish Teacher for partners so I'm gonna drag along J next week : )

After driving home with a screaming Axel who was so tired and lost his dummy (and I couldn't find it and didn't wanted to turn around in my seat as I was driving), it was lovely to find the flat cleaned and hoovered, and a sunny patio. We have just chilled today, I made Swedish waffles with strawberry jam and cream, and now I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine and some cheese puffs. All in all a nice day, hoping for sunshine tomorrow so we can go out, I'm gonna meet Kirsty I think, she's just been away travelling so excited hearing about her trip!

No comments: