Tuesday 26 May 2009

Wedding colour scheme, any ideas??

We are having our first (of two) wedding party here in Brighton after the ceremony in the evening for all our friends. No food or speeches, just bubbly, mingling and (hopefully) some dancing. It's not long to go now so we need to start planning the decoration of the place, J happened to look at a play in the same room last week and came home telling me that the walls where blue which I must have totally blocked out as I thought they were a bit plainer. However, when we got there this weekend to have a second little peek and to take some photos we realised that the walls where in fact lilac (but on the photos we took they look blue so they must be magic walls ha ha. I was thinking of having a pink summery theme but I'm not so sure now, all I know is that I don't want a drastic look (you know a bit like James Bond-ish), instead I would like a very soft, romantic, summer cottage beach look with wild flowers and soft light. But that's not gonna happen here in Brighton with lilac walls : ), but thankfully we are actually having our second (family) party in Sweden in a summer house so I get a bit of that in the end. Anyway, back to the subject, anyone got ideas about any colours that goes nicely together with lilac? I was looking for some inspirational pictures online and found this photo, classic!

I wonder on which planet the designer lives cos this is just plain horrendous ha ha, then again maybe it is for older people getting married as I just noticed that the chairs are actually rocking chairs?!?!

I also found a site that teach you how to make a cupcake stand, perfect! Now I just have to find Polysthyrene cake dummies!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hej vännen. Allt väl? Lilac, är det lila? För annars har du ju en fin kombination av färger på det kortet med kransen. :)
Ha det så gott. Hälsa familjen. Kram kram

Sara said...

Hej hej,
Allt ar bra har, regnigt och ruskigt idag dock : (
Jo lilac ar lila och jag visst ar kransen fin, tank om man kunde knyta ballonger pa det viset, helt underbart! ; )
S xxx