Tuesday 16 December 2008

The journey and fears

I have meant to update the blog for quite a while but Axel is really not well at the mo, tummy ache and grumpiness! ARRRGGGG
and I think he might be developing a mummy addiction, I can hardly put him down before he gets upset and wants to come up again. I miss our nice mulitcoloured baby gym with hours of entertainment in store, so hard to type with just one hand!

The flight to Sweden went ok, I had 3 fears before we left -
1. That he would do a super poo just when we took off and poo on his clothes, on me and maybe even on the neightbour in the seat next to us
2. That the buggy would break in transit
3. That we would not fit into the car with all our stuff

J had other more real fears, like the car would break down on the motorway or that we forgot the passports.

We did arrive safely at Heathrow with our passports in hand, had some lunch, checked in our (flipping heavy) suitcase and bought a bag for the buggy (which I was able to take all way to the gate). After a tearful good bye by the security check, me and Axmax was on our own. The flight was 45 min late so I thought I change his nappy just before we had to go to the gate, with 15 min to spare I find the baby changing room, change his nappy and just as I put him in the buggy I can hear a loud poo sound, so I changed his nappy again and then he pooed yet again.. I was in the baby changing room for over 10 min (there was even people knocking on the door making sure I wasn't dead or something). A bit shaken that he would have pooed on the plane should it have been on time!!! He slept the whole time while on the plane and the buggy arrived safe and sound : ) My sister came and picked us up in her big SAAB. So all in all, no problemo!

Except maybe Axel screaming the whole car journey home and evening, a great first impression : )

No comments: