Wednesday 9 September 2009

long time and all that..

It's been a while since I last updated my blog, I just haven't had the energy, the time or wanted to. I really liked it before so I hope to start writing a bit more in the future. So what's happened in my life recently? Quite a lot : )

Well - we got married which was absolutely lovely, had a great day and 2 wonderful week in the big house we rented on Ven with my family coming to visit and the family party, Ax starting to craw properly and not just eeling.

Job situation - I got a job!!! yayyye It's a 3 months temporary contract but I hope I can turn it into permanent before Christmas. It's a job working for a Sexual Health, Alcohol and drug advice service at the universities here in Brighton. I used to volunteer there when I was at Uni so to be able to work there and get a salary is like a dream come true : ) I start on Tuesday and I'm so so excited!

Nursery - Axel got a space at a nursery in the area where we hope to move soon (as soon as we find a place!!) which is about 10min walk from where we live now so pretty close in the mean time. He is having his 3rd settling in session today and they haven't called me yet so I think it's going well. He really seems to like it so that's promising. He will have to be there for the 4 days when I'm at work so it's important that he likes it there, I would have liked to have worked for only 3 days but you can't be too picky in this climate and I already got it down from 5 to 4 days a week. It's crazy how expensive nurseries are here in England - we pay £40 PER DAY, and that is not even considered that much, I know some couples who pay over £50 per day!!

House situation - We love to move as soon as we can as this flat is driving us crazy, it's too small and no storage place what so ever! we really need an attic to store all Ax old toys etc. Unfortunately there isn't much out there at the moment - it's a busy time for students in Brighton so the good houses goes quickly and one estate agent told me that there isn't many properties out there in general cos the buy to let market is really low at the moment and many landlords have sold their properties. We would have loved to buy a place but they cost over £200,000 (for a very small 2 bed house) and as you will need at least 30% deposit to be able to get a reasonable good mortgage.. well we don't have 60k at the moment (or ever ha ha). That's about 800 000 sek. So stupid!! Oh well, we will just continue saving until the market changes and then buy, soon hopefully...

I'm thinking about starting to write in Swedish instead, I think most of my (few but still) readers are Swedish so it would be more natural that way, shout if you don't agree!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tittar in här ibland.

GRATTIS till jobbet!

Svårt med boende i England men varför inte hyra lite lager till prylarna tills vidare.
Då får ni ju i allfall lite space här och nu:)

Sara said...

Tack, och va kul att du kikar pa min blogg lite da och da! Har du nagon egen blogg? Om inte, starta en sa kan jag lasa om ditt liv, skulle va jattekul, alskar bloggar! : )
Kram
Sara

Meatbreak said...

hello! I read yr blog and I am speak the English. Although maybe I am the only one?

Happy birthday Axel!! have an awesome day you three.

Dxx